I found this in the newspaper who found it in “The Long Life Cookbook” by Anne Casale. Beef is high in iron and a good choice for post-partum moms.
- cube steaks (6 oz each)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup beef broth (low sodium)
- 1.5 tsp orange peel, finely grated
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1.5 tsp soy sauce (reduced sodium)
1. Pat steaks dry, salt and pepper. Heat oil and brown steaks on both sides on medium high. Transfer to plate.
2. Saute shallots in pan on medium heat for about 5 minutes or til soft. Add broth, orange rind, juice and soy sauce. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Add steaks to pan with juice. Simmer, uncovered until tender for about 7-8 minutes. Spoon sauce over steaks when serving.