Cooking is much simpler when you plan what you will make. This is especially important when you have children, when you are cooking for only 1 or 2, and for everyone else.
- Make a list of meals you know how to cook or that you cook regularly.
- Pull out your cookbooks for ideas and inspiration. Try one new recipe a week.
- Think of sides that can go with them (think color). Pick two veggies for every main dish.
- Check your weekly schedule to know what kind of prep time you have available and coordinate meals accordingly.
- You can mix things up for variety or put them in order, even using leftovers.
- Now you have an easy shopping list and you can rest assured you are getting all your nutrients.