2 cups flour (try a combo of whole wheat and white)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 cup salad oil (light olive oil is good)
2 cups sugar
3 cups grated raw carrot
1 cup chopped pecans
1. Combine oil and sugar. Mix well.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Add 1/2 of the flour mixture to the oil and sugar. Blend
3. Add remaining flour and eggs, one at a time; mixing after each addition.
4. Add carrots and pecans. Mix
5. Bake in a 325 F oven in a bundt pan about 1 hour. This can be baked in two 9″ round pans for about 30 min. Multiply the recipe by 3 for a 16″ square pan (16 cups batter).
Frost with ORANGE GLAZE
1 1/2 cup sugar
4 T cornstarch
1 1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
Rind of orange
Rind of 1/2 lemon
Dash of salt
Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and heat on medium, stirring until thickened and cornstarch thickens up.
The bundt cake and layers can be cut in half longways and filled with glaze. Glaze in between layers and drizzle on top of cake. You can also combine this with a cream cheese frosting; frost the top and glaze the middle.