A take on Rocco DiSpirito’s recipe from NOW EAT THIS! Italian cookbook.
“I made this recipe for my mom on her birthday and we slurped it up right away.”
- 1 small jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper (could use red pepper for a holiday food)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (I wouldn’t hesitate to use the curly type in a pinch)
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped celery
- Grated Parmesan cheese, about 1/2 cup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper
Serve on 1/4″ slices of toasted baguette (see my version of these yummy toasts)
Toss all ingredients together (except for toast) until well combined.
Prepare toast by slicing baguette slightly on the diagonal in 1/4″ slices. Place on cooke sheet and brush with olive oil. Cut a fresh garlic clove and rub on top of each oiled toast, discarding clove when done. Broil the toast for about 3 minutes until browning on edges.
Serve the green mix on your little toasts (crostini)!