- 1 Tbls butter or olive oil
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, fresh grated (melts easier, tastes better)
- 2 Tbls fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste (or 1/4 tsp each)
- 4 tsp pine nuts, toasted
1. Heat butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add orzo and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Stir in broth and water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
3. Remove from heat, stir in cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve warm.