My Swedish born friend shared this with me. I recently made it with lean ground turkey breast instead of beef. Good stuff.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or turkey or chicken)
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt (or part Mrs. Dash for lower sodium
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, undrained (but I drain them)
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tomato can water
- 4 beef boullion cubes (I use sodium free, then salt to taste)
- chopped fresh parsley (optionally added at the end on top of soup.
Brown beef. Add all the remaining ingredients, except parsley and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 1 hour. Garnish with parsley. This soup is pretty good frozen and is good for lunch. Just freeze in individual containers for future use.