I tweeked this recipe found in the Better Homes and Gardens magazine. The use of edamame (soybean) is a healthy and fresh addition to a traditional dish.
- 2 cups frozen edamame (soybeans), thawed
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. finely shredded lime or lemon peel
- 2 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar (can mix with lime juice)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp garlic salt
Thaw, rinse and drain all beans. Combine in a large bowl with onion and cilantro. In a small bowl, mix: oil, lime peel, vinegar and garlic salt. Pour over beans and toss. Serve immediately or marinate in fridge up to 24 hours. Stir before serving.