This recipe is derived from one found on Food.com. It has a traditional flavor and makes an excellent broth for chicken (in this case, turkey) soup with noodles and/or vegetables.
6-7 lb turkey breast with bone in
1 stalk celery
olive oil spray or liquid
6-8 garlic cloves
garlic powder (about 2 teaspoons)
2 small envelopes of ‘no sodium’ dry chicken boullion powder
1-2 cups water (depending on how much broth you want)
- Cut 1 onion in 4 slices and line bottom of crock, place turkey breast, front side down on top of slices.
- Peel garlic cloves and insert under skin and in cavity.
- Spray or rub turkey breast with olive oil.
- Sprinkle breast with garlic powder, salt & pepper on and under the skin and in the cavity.
- Chop 2nd onion (a couple of green onions can be used as well) and celery and place in cavity.
- Add water to crock.
- Sprinkle dry boullion on top of breast and in the cavity.
Cover and cook on high for 1 hour, then on low for 6 more hours. Or you can cook on low for 8-9 hours. Debone when cool enough to handle. Strain juices and put back on top of shredded turkey meat.