A derivation of a recipe from Allrecipes
- 8 – 10 lb Turkey Breast (which ever size fits in your crock pot)
- 1 large chopped onion & 2 packets of sodium free beef boullion (or 2 packs of dry onion soup mix 1 ounce each)
- 3/4 cup water or chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 – 3 tsp seasoned salt (original recipe calls for 3 but it would be fine with less salt)
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
1. Put turkey breast in large crock pot/slow cooker (it may have to lay sideways). Sprinkle boullion on top with chopped onion or whisk onion soup mix with water and spread evenly over foul.
2. Stir garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, seasoned salt, basil, and oregano in a bowl. Sprinkle seasonings over turkey breast.
3. Cook on low for 8 – 9 hours until turkey is very tender. For serving at a party, prepare 1 day ahead, debone when cool enough to handle. Strain bones and stuff from the juices and put the deboned/de-skinned turkey back into crock with the juices. Reheat on warm or low for 1-2 hours before serving. Should feed 10 – 12 people.