- 9 Tbl olive oil, divided
- 6 Tbl red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme or herbes de Provence
- 1 tsp dried summer savory or marjoram
- Pinch of ground pepper
- 2 lbs chuck roast cut into fork size pieces (3 x 2 x 3/8 in)
- 2 cups onions, thinly sliced
- 1 14.5 oz can beef broth
- 2-4 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Mix 6 Tbls oil, vinegar, garlic, thyme, savory and pepper. Add beef and marinate at least 6 hours or overnight in ziplock bag.
2. Preheat oven to 350
3. Add 3 Tbls olive oil to dutch oven skillet. Add onions and cook for 20 minutes, covered and stirring occasionally until tender and starting to brown.
4. Drain meat and reserve marinade. Place meat in bottom of dutch oven. Top with onions. Add broth and reserved marinade. Top with the sliced potatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Bring to a simmer on top of the stove, then cover and bake for 1 hour. Increase heat to 425. Drain excess fat from surface. Top with cheese and bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until cheese starts to brown. Serve immediately.